.

.

Thursday 8 February 2018

Using Bits Of Paper!


Hi all you wonderful peeps! I hope everyone is okay and not suffering with any of those horrible nasty bugs that are going around...the snow didn't last long here but it's still bitterly cold and I don't think the heating has been off at all.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow I am meeting a very dear friend that I went to grammar school with we met on our first day there..she was my chief bridesmaid and I was hers ..and she was my maid of honour when I got married to Paul and we had children within month's of each other...but we lost touch her husband's job moved them around a lot..but she contacted my brother on face book and asked him if he knew me!!! so a two hour phone call later LOL and we are going out for lunch and I really can't wait I'm so excited!!!
Ohhh and last Tuesday I went to get the old barnet done the grey's needed covering and it wanted a tidy up...so I said to my hairdresser could I have a few copper highlights in just to brighten it up...well not sure if she heard me well I'm pretty SURE she didn't because she put my blonde highlights in and then flooded it with the copper...well didn't see it till it had been washed and didn't have my glasses on but through my squinting I knew it just wasn't the same LOL  So I'm sat saying ermmmm is my hair not my usual colour??? she said you wanted copper didn't you??? with your blonde highlights as well??? I said NOOOOOOOO I wanted some copper highlights!!!  Anyway after the initial shock and she began to dry it and Paul was sat saying Oh wow Sue I love that colour it really suits you and it's the best colour I have ever seen on you..(me thinking he's taking pity on me!) So he sends a pic to my daughter and she loves it as well...oh and I had a fringe put in haven't had one of those since I was about 7 years old and it loosely curled it began to look ok on me hahahaha but I still have reservations. I sent Mrs P a pic and she said it's gawjussss and it makes me look younger..so for now I'm staying with it. I just get a shock when I walk passed a mirror!!!!
Okay sorry for rabbiting on! my card is an LOTV image that I coloured (need more practise) and bits of paper out of my box I've promised myself I'm going to use up.
Take care everyone and lots of hugglesssssssss Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Love your pretty card and that great design. A perfect sentiment for it too. So sweet!
Oh my....I love the story about your hair! I'm sure that was a shock but it must be so pretty. So glad everyone liked it too!
That's great that you'll get to meet up with your friend. Fun times!
Lynn

Liz said...

Super card, Sue, the patterned papers make a great background for the lovely image. I loved reading your post about your hair, it made me smile and glad that it's turn out okay in the end. How exciting to meet up with your friend - I'm sure you'll have a great time and just pick up where you left off. xx

meg said...

Fabulous card Sue, love the story aboutyour hair hope you have a great time with your friend.

Chris said...

Cute card Sue, sweet image and a lovely design.
Would love to see the new hairdo! Sounds lovely...it is a bit of a shock when you change the colour or style...but both at once takes a bit of getting used to!!!
Have a great time catching up with your friend!
Chris
xx

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Sue. a sweet image and lovely papers.
I'm sure your hair looks lovely, it always takes a while to get used to something new doesn't it.
Have a lovely day with your friend tomorrow.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue my lovely little blogging matey.
oh your hair sound wonderful.
I think a change is needed by us all at sometime as we get stuck in a rutt.
Love your wonderful and cooulfrul card it's so colourful and such a great use of snippets also.
Love that very fab image.
Love and big crafty hugs from my house to yours.
Big sloppies for Olliebobs and Woody.
Lots of crafty love. Fairy Godmother Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Super image and really lovely colouring, great design.
I have come to the concluesion that Hairdressers are a breed of their own and most are partially or totally deaf.
Turn out well for you though on this occasion.

Kath x

aussie aNNie said...

Great card Sue and I am sure the hair looks just a super, takes a while to get used to something different....I had a brown strip put through the fringe on my blonde hair, took ages to like it, well sort of like it.xx [aNNie]
 ❤️

Carole Pollard said...

Greet design Sue love the colours on your lovely card. Loving your post I hope you have a great lunch with your friend so exciting after all these years. We need a photo of the new hairdo but anything that makes you look younger is a hit with me Take care Love and hugs Carole x

Sarah said...

I love this spring coloured card Sue, I am sure it is just around the corner...fingers crossed!! Come on, share the new hair do with us!! I hope you had a wonderful time with your friend xx

Patricia said...

Hi Sue, what a super card, I love the nice bright Spring colours.
I have a school friend I still keep in touch with, she lives outside Beffast, Northern Ireland, I live in Perthshire, Scotland.
We were sat next to each other first days at a new school, immediate friends then and still friends after 50+ years.
I am sure you hair is brilliant it will just take time to get used to it.
Have a great weekend,
Patricia xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a pretty card Sue, love the image and the colours you used. Great design too.
Faith
x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Sue
Smashing card. Your composition is always spot on.
John Lockwood keeps saying my hair is ginger so I have been tempted to have mine coloured. Not that I have anything against ginger but my hair is not lol!!!
I'm sure it looks fab.
Ang x